Introducing FireMon Policy Planner
FireMon’s Policy Planner Workflow Module automates the firewall change process with an intelligent workflow solution solving unique challenges associated with firewall change management. Policy Planner [PDF] dramatically improves the efficiency of the change process, reducing time and costs associated with access change requests while at the same time improving security by integrating security and risk analysis directly into the process.
Policy Planner supports complex, heterogeneous networks containing multiple firewall vendor technologies. The workflow is customizable to meet the needs of any organization. And with RESTful API’s exposed, integration into existing change management systems is natively supported.
- No Change Necessary: a large percentage of change requests are unnecessary. Quickly close these requests without impacting engineering resources or making unnecessary changes on a firewall.
- Identify impacted devices: the first step to making a change is understanding which devices are in the line of the traffic. The topology aware analysis engine in Policy Planner handles this automatically.
- Recommend rule changes: find existing rules that can be potentially modified to achieve the requested access. Or, if no similar rules exist, recommend where a new rule should be created to ensure the access is effectively configured.
Change Process (Workflow)
Automated Rules & Exception DocumentationKeep a running log of all rules and configuration updates, audits and exceptions with the ability to search intuitively. All change details are captured and permanently stored with the change. All these details are then visible in the context of the policy or rule – not just a link to a change ticket, but with full detail information.
Customized WorkflowEasily change the built-in workflow to meet your custom needs. Because it is built on BPMN 2.0 task types, including forks, parallel paths, timers and notifications, you can build a workflow specific to your environment.
BPMN 2.0 Compliant Workflow
- Integration with existing processes
- Full suite of tasks: forks, timers, decisions, user inputs
- HP Service Manager
- BMC Remedy
- Service Now
- Proprietary Systems
To learn more about Policy Planner, participate in an in-depth demonstration or sign up for a free 30-day trial to test its capabilities in your own unique environment, click here.