FireMon and its wholly owned subsidiaries (“FireMon”) has issued this privacy notice to demonstrate FireMon’s commitment to protect individual’s personal data.
- “Personal Data” means any data or information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from such data or any other data in FireMon’s actual possession.
- “Privacy Laws” means applicable data protection and privacy laws
- “Collection Sites” means FireMon’s websites, applications and services, emails and other third party campaigns conducted at the direction and for the benefit of FireMon, as well as and through FireMon’s social media pages located at
You are not legally required to provide FireMon with any Personal Data, provided you understand that by limiting or restricting disclosure and/or use of your Personal Data, FireMon may not be able to provide you with the full range or with the best experience when using our Collection Sites.
Please note that under some circumstances as permitted by Privacy Laws or required by legal authorities, FireMon may use or share your Personal Data without your express consent.
- Types of Data
Personal Data Categories
- Expressly Provided by You: This category includes any data or information you may provide which is identifiable to you, such as by way of example only, your name, company and position, contact details (such as business e-mails, phones and addresses) as well as any personal information you provide via free-form text.
- Collection Site: This category includes data and information concerning your access and usage of Collection Sites. Such data could include IP addresses, device, system and software details, cookies and similar tracking data, click-stream and usage logs, and similar data and information concerning log-in attempts, usage and use preferences regarding any of the Collection Sites.
- Third Parties: This category may include your name, company, position, contact details and professional experience, preferences and interests, as may be made available to us by our resellers, business partners, customers or service providers, such as the organizers of events that both you and FireMon participated in, your employers or colleagues, LinkedIn and similar data services and sources.
FireMon may transfer, share or otherwise use Excluded Data in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
- Uses of Personal Data
FireMon collects and uses Personal Data as necessary for the performance of our contracts and agreements, or negotiation thereof, and in accordance with FireMon’s legitimate interests, including, but not limited to the following business purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, develop, enhance and support our Collection Sites, products and services;
- To deliver promotional information and enhance our marketing efforts, including but not limited to contacting you regarding our products, services, in response to inquiries, or to provide additional materials/information to you.
- To improve user experience, e.g. by remembering data so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or next visit to Collection Sites;
- To manage data security, fraud prevention and risk;
- To process your requests, provide customer assistance and technical support;.
- To monitor and improve the effectiveness of Collection Sites
- To comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements;
- With respect to Personal Data of our customers’ end-users, to act as instructed by the respective customer acting in its capacity of “Data Controller”, whereas we act in our capacity as “Data Processor” (as both such terms are commonly interpreted under EU data protection and privacy laws); and
- To conduct any additional activities that may require the use of your Personal Data, for which we will request your specific approval in advance.
- Locations of Personal Data
Personal Data may be accessed from other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery or performance of our Websites and Solutions or as may be required by law.
- Third Party Sharing
FireMon may disclose and use Personal Data in order to defend or enforce FireMon’s legal rights according to the applicable law and/or contractual terms relating to FireMon products and/or services.
FireMon may use third party vendors for provision of services in connection with one or more of the above business purposes. Such third party vendors are prevented from disclosing or using Personal Information, in any manner contrary manner to FireMon’s direction.
FireMon will not share Personal Data with other third parties, except as required by the applicable law, or in order to comply with industry privacy standards.
For the avoidance of doubt, FireMon may share your Personal Data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so.
- Use of IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access a Collection Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. FireMon collects IP addresses to administer FireMon’s Collection Sites, to monitor and collect information about usage of Collection Sites, to help diagnose problems with FireMon’s Collection Sites.
Cookies and other tracking technologies are used by FireMon and some of its Collection Site providers to provide a better experience to users, to help identify technical issues in FireMon’s Collection Sites, to keep track of users and their preferences, to authenticate sessions, to better secure Collection Sites, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of FireMon’s Collection Sites, products and services.
In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device while browsing a website. Some cookies and other technologies serve to recall Personal Data, such as an IP address, and are used for purposes of session and user authentication, tracking related browsing activity security, keeping the user’s preferences, connection stability, monitoring performance, marketing, analysis and generally providing and improving our Websites and Solutions.
While FireMon does not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or to block cookies with your browser.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. FireMon will store cookies under the following domains: www.firemon.com and content.firemon.com.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
- Communications from FireMon
Marketing Communications: FireMon may contact you about new services, events, and special opportunities or other information we think you will find valuable. We will provide such notices through any of the contacts means available to us (e.g. phone, mobile or e-mail), through our Collection Sites, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you wish not to receive such promotional communications, you may notify FireMon at any time by e-mailing us at privacy@FireMon.com, by contacting us through the contact form at www.FireMon.com, or by following the “unsubscribe”, “change preferences” or “stop” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
- How FireMon safeguards Personal Data
FireMon uses industry-standard physical, procedural and electronic security measures, including encryption where deemed appropriate to protect Personal Data stored by FireMon. However, please be aware that regardless of any security measures used, FireMon cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us or with any third parties.
- Your rights regarding your Personal Data
If you wish to exercise your right to access and/or request us to make corrections to your Personal Data that you have stored with FireMon, or to delete it, please send us an e-mail to privacy@FireMon.com, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with Privacy Laws.
Please note that once you contact FireMon by e-mail, FireMon reserves the right to require additional information, including certain Personal Data, in order to authenticate and validate your identity and to process your request. Such additional data will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g. so we have proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with our data retention policy.
- Data Retention
We may retain your Personal Data for as long as your organization’s account with us is active or as reasonably necessary for us to provide or offer our Solutions to you and your organization. We may retain such Personal Data even after the organization or a particular user deactivates their account or cease to use our Websites and Solutions, as may be requested by their organization, and possibly longer as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding any of our customers, users or their end-users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
Collection Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. FireMon does not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors under the age of 18 and expressly disclaims any intent to do so. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a minor is using FireMon’s Collection Sites, FireMon will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Data stored by FireMon with regard to such user.
- FireMon Contacts
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy team, you may escalate concerns to the applicable data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Effective Date: February 22, 2019