Tasked with quickly conducting a full rule cleanup while housing over 400 decentralized firewalls, the company, which was relying on time-consuming and error-prone manual audit preparation and rule review processes, needed a solution to empower their network security team to meet a rapidly-approaching deadline.
The company sought to:
- Conduct a full rule cleanup to remove redundant, overly permissive, and unused rules
- Automate lifecycle policy management for rule cleanup and review
- Audit in one centralized platform that becomes the record of data for enforcing policy management
- Gain a comprehensive view of policy across all devices in their multi-vendor environment which includes Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, and Zscaler devices
About the Company
A Fortune 500 media company that operates in over 80 US markets.
- $2M annual cost savings with FireMon compared to manual processes
- No longer need to hire or outsource 6 additional security engineers to manage rule changes and conduct compliance audits
- Reduced risk through identification and removal of overly permissive rules and unauthorized traffic
- Automation of policy changes streamlined remediation processes and shortened time to mitigate violations