A rapid growth in online sales put pressure on the company’s security and network teams to build a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure that could meet the needs of the business and ensure they were accurately meeting compliance requirements. They needed to reduce the number of firewall vendors used while migrating new and replacement devices to cloud-based services in their hybrid environment. Their mix of manual processes and spreadsheet-based tools couldn’t keep pace with these new demands.
- Complexity of current processes was unable to handle the migration from 9 firewall vendors down to 4
- Lack of visibility and consistency hindered the deployment of cloud-based services to replace end-of-life firewalls
- Manual compliance reporting was taking more time, with more errors, and was cutting it close to deadlines
- New applications were regularly delayed due to firewall rule set up across various firewall platforms
About the Company
A US-based Fortune 500 footwear retailer with thousands of retail stores in nearly 30 countries, along with numerous e-commerce websites and mobile apps. The company operates a portfolio of well-known athletic footwear and other athletic-related brands.
- Reduced time spent creating PCI audits by 50%
- A single set of firewall policy rules across the entire environment from the data center to the cloud
- 90% reduction in the time to test, approve and deploy new firewall policies
- Reduced risk of human error by eliminating manual processes for rule set up and compliance reporting
- Automated rule recertification ensures meeting mandated audit frequency