After a failed audit, the company realized their current approach to managing firewall security policies wasn’t enough. The company lacked the visibility, automation, and reporting capabilities necessary to detect and clean up redundant and non-compliant rules, leading to PCI and NIST compliance uncertainty as well as an overworked team.
The company sought to:
- Upgrade from using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to manually prepare audit reports
- Achieve and maintain PCI and NIST compliance
- Gain a single, comprehensive view of policy across their multi-vendor environment
- Automate change management processes, clean up rule bases, and improve reporting
- Eliminate error-prone and time-consuming manual processes
- Integrate with an ITSM solution to work with and track tickets
About the Company
A 70-year-old credit union with over 20 locations across the Western United States.
- 100% PCI and NIST compliance
- 100% visibility and control of their Palo Alto and Check Point firewalls
- 83% total time reduction for compliance tasks with automated compliance reporting
- Reduced risk by removing redundant, overlapping, or unused rules
- Eliminated error-prone and time-consuming manual processes for rule set up and compliance reporting