The rapid growth in the company’s user base during the COVID-19 Pandemic exposed security issues that drew regulatory attention by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). That resulted in a settlement with orders to comply with security guidelines. They were required to establish an information security program within 60 days, then 180 days after that had to perform a complete third-party security assessment.
The company sought to:
- Identify and document firewall policy rules across their Palo Alto, AWS, and Azure environments
- Standardize and automatically deploy a single-set of approved firewall rules across all enforcement points
- Automate their manual and time-consuming compliance reporting processes
- Assess compliance violations of proposed policy rule changes before they were deployed
About the Company
A software-based conference room solution used globally. During the global COVID-19 pandemic, it became the de-facto standard. It provides video telephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommunicating, distance education, and social relations.
- 100% compliance with the FTC mandate in less than 60 days
- Complete visibility into risk and compliance across on-premises data centers and cloud
- Compliance reports that took a week now only take a couple of days
- Vendor cost reduction by leveraging Risk Analyzer insights to eliminate a risk analysis point solution