Situational awareness for Federal networks
Federal agencies face difficult cyber security challenges, storing large amounts of confidential data, protecting critical infrastructures and being assailed by sophisticated threats from a broad range of adversaries. Government practitioners must also meet strict compliance requirements, including FISMA, DIACAP, STIGs, PPSM, CCRI, NERC-CIP, PCI DSS, HIPAA, etc.
Using your current manual processes to maintain a strong security posture & comply with these demanding standards is not effective or efficient and leaves you unable to keep up. The US Federal Government needs automation & efficiency. You don’t need to replace the billions of $$ in security tools that you’ve invested in, you just need to make better use of those tools & their output. This reality has led to the funding of the Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program. This $6 billion program focuses on automating the daily security processes to enhance cyber defenses to help agency and White House decision makers assess national cyber-attack readiness, implement effective responses & reduce our overall cyber-attack surface.
The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform allows federal agencies to automate the management of firewalls, network & security devices along with vulnerability assessment tools – two key requirements of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program – by quickly identifying, understanding and managing changes in overall security posture. With FireMon, agencies can truly embrace the spirit of continuous monitoring and risk scoring via constant observation, analysis and resulting management of network access enforcement, proactively reducing IT risk while increasing operational efficiency.
Developed, tested and built in America, with all support coming from the USA; FireMon Security Manager offers:
- Real-time, uninterrupted visibility into current security device enforcement including logging of all configuration changes and recording all audit log details.
- The ability to do “what if’s” in the model and test the impact of all changes prior to implementation to ensure that they do not create additional IT risks, reducing time and increasing efficiency while fully documenting all changes for compliance purposes.
- Continuous assessment of all security device configurations in real time, compared to detailed federal enforcement standards via a knowledge base of required criteria, allowing for audit of any device against those measures. Supported federal standards include:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (NERC)
- NSA Router Configuration Guidelines
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
FireMon is a U.S.-based company headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas and is listed on several GSA contracts. The FireMon Federal Solutions team partners with a broad range of federal systems integrators and channel partners. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.