Risk Vulnerability Management
Outside threats have the potential to scale the wall through any access point on the network. However, not all threats are created equal. If the asset is of high value, customer credit card info for example, its compromise would have a bigger impact than that of a lesser-value asset.
FireMon allows network and security teams to map the potential paths an attacker could take based on real-time configuration data and vulnerability scanner feeds. Then it helps prioritize the gaps for remediation, so the most impactful get taken care of first.
How We Do It
- Reachability analysis calculates how easy it would be for an attacker to reach assets through and assess the potential damage
- Graphical attack paths trace the possible path an attacker might use and identifies where an attack can be stopped with the least amount of time and effort
- Risk scoring measures attack simulations for risk and impact. Re-score once you make improvements to determine the impact of the change.
- Patch simulation patches systems virtually so you can compare various patch scenarios to prioritize efforts to those with the biggest impact
- Access path analysis traces all potential traffic paths, identifies problematic routes and then recommends adjustments to redirect access