Dramatic Sales Growth, Continued Federal Sector Penetration and Broad International Expansion Mark Most Successful Six Months in Company History
LAS VEGAS, BLACK HAT USA 2013 and OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Jul. 31, 2013
FireMon, the leading provider of security management and risk analysis solutions, today announced that the first half of 2013 was the most successful period in company history. On the heels of a record-setting 2012, in the past six months FireMon has achieved milestones that have propelled the company to its fastest ever start.
• 140% revenue growth year-over-year fueled by global adoption of Security Manager in markets including North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
• Company posted the largest quarter in its history in Q2 2013.
• Won over 70 new customers in healthcare, energy, finance, media, manufacturing, education, transportation and retail verticals, the U.S. federal government and managed services providers worldwide.
• Tapped Albert Nieves as Vice President of Federal Sales to oversee the continued growth of FireMon’s federal business and adoption of Security Manager by federal agencies.
• Appointed Ruby Khaira as Regional Manager for UK, Northern Europe and India to drive new customer and partner relationships, as well as support existing engagements.
• Named Newton Monteiro to lead company operations in fast growing Latin America.
• Penetrated several new geographies including China, South Korea and the Middle East.
“I am incredibly proud of the team’s ability to innovate, adapt and drive such impressive growth,” said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. “Our customers come to us not just because we can tell them if a firewall rule is out of date or a policy change has opened access to a critical asset, they come to us because we can identify all of the inconsistencies, errors and actions associated with their security posture – and tell them what this means collectively to their business in terms of real and tangible risks. We identified this critical need first and pioneered the most advanced solution in the industry, and now that foresight is putting us in incredibly high demand. We look forward to building on the tremendous momentum of the first half of 2013 and carrying that through the rest of the year.”
• Bolstered its Federal channel program with several new partners including Dyntek, immixGroup, Net Source, and Three Wire Systems.
• Expanded coverage in North America with 11 new channel partners, including Accudata, Conexsys, The Herjavec Group, Infogressive, Jacadis, NH & A, Proficio, Sharper Technologies, and Torus Technologies.
• Built out its Latin America presence with 9 new channel partners, including Core One, eBTel, ETEK Novared, Murc IT, NCT Informatica, Security4IT, SecureSoft, Virtu Tecnologica, and Vitara.
• Received the coveted 5-Star Partner rating in CRN’s 2013 Partner Program Guide for its channel commitment, breadth of program offerings and wealth of partner resources.
• Honored by CRN as one of the most influential and powerful leaders in the IT channel, Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell was named a CRN Channel Chief for the second consecutive year.
“The challenges to our nation’s information technology systems, networks, and critical infrastructure continue to proliferate, as both internal and external threats relentlessly test DoD, intelligence and civilian agency network security,” said Christopher Wilkinson, Director, Cyber Security Technologies at immixGroup. “Add the recent sequestration to the mix and it becomes increasingly important to automate the manual processes that bog analysts down, so they are able to focus on proactive risk assessment and remediation to improve security levels. FireMon is part of our cyber security portfolio and we are excited to work with a strategic technology solution that provides government agencies the scalability and performance needed to strengthen their cyber security posture.”
“Some solutions just calculate a threat score – that doesn’t help clean up a dated firewall rule base or translate to a better security posture,” said Mark Jones, CEO of SOS Security, A Forsythe Company. “Our customers require solutions that provide the depth of analysis that enables them to more efficiently identify, measure and remediate the network security infrastructure vulnerabilities that could potentially put their critical assets at risk. These are the hallmarks of Security Manager, and why we elected to partner with FireMon.”
• Launched Security Manager 7.0 – the first policy and risk management platform to support the Object Management Group’s Business Process Model and Notation 2.0 standard – helping security and operations teams more quickly identify, assess and prioritize changes in security posture, and better understand and address business risk.
• Celebrated by Homeland Security Today as one of the Rising 10 of 2013 in recognition of Security Manager’s continuous monitoring capabilities.
• Awarded “5 Stars” and lauded by SC Magazine for advanced design, as “in the management interface we noticed the true power of this product. To start, the interface is elegantly designed and quite intuitive to navigate. We found it easy to add devices and begin the process of analysis. We also found this product to include a multitude of automation and visual analysis capabilities. Overall, we found this product to be quite comprehensive in features and functionality for complete policy management.”
• Integrated Security Manager with http://www.firemon.com.