Former Juniper Networks and McAfee marketing executive Michael Callahan joins FireMon as the security management company builds on record revenue, bookings and customer growth.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., April 27, 2016 – FireMon CEO Jim Lewandowski today announced the security management firm achieved record growth in revenue, bookings and new customers for 2015. He also introduced former Juniper Networks and McAfee marketing executive, Michael Callahan, as Chief Marketing Officer – the first in the Company’s 12-year history.
With the increasing importance placed on cybersecurity in organizations and the vast amounts of equipment deployed in large enterprises to prevent cyber-attacks, the requirement for cohesive management of these technologies has never been greater. FireMon capitalized on this need with their comprehensive security management solutions, achieving a nearly 40% year-over-year growth in revenue for 2015, which resulted in cumulative growth of more than 400% in the last five years.
The 2015 results capped off a landmark year of accomplishments for FireMon:
- Market dominance –
- FireMon experienced 36% growth of new and add-on customer sales,
- 200% growth in the managed security services space,
- 70% growth in the Federal space, and
- ended the year with 6 of the largest U.S. financial firms, 8 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers and 6 of the largest global technology organizations as customers.
- New product innovations –
- In the second quarter of 2015, the company introduced a completely redesigned version of its flagship product, Security Manager, with a web-based management console and increased support for PCI DSS v3, IPv6 and NGFWs.
- FireMon also acquired advanced security analytics firm Immediate Insight and later launched a free community version of the analytics software.
- Global expansion –
- FireMon added an international office in Munich to support growth in Central Europe and opened new offices domestically in Dallas, Texas and Los Gatos, California.
- Business in the Asia Pacific region grew 167% from 2014 to 2015 and will be a continued focus in 2016.
- Key executive hires –
- o In early 2016, FireMon added key executives to the leadership team – CFO Donald Klumb and SVP of Worldwide Sales, Peter Kobs – and named Mark Carney, formerly GM of Immediate Insight, as Chief Information Security Officer.
FireMon closed the first quarter of 2016 with the hiring of CMO Michael Callahan, completing the executive leadership team. Callahan previously led global branding and communications as the VP of Corporate Marketing for Juniper Networks. He has also held executive marketing roles including field marketing, partner marketing, product marketing and product management for market-leading players in the security industry such as HP, 3Com/TippingPoint and McAfee.
“I’ve been impressed with the tremendous growth potential I’ve seen in the short time I’ve been at FireMon,” said Michael Callahan, Chief Marketing Officer. “I look forward to building the FireMon brand globally and driving continued growth through programs that highlight FireMon’s differentiated solutions to customers’ security management challenges.”
“We are excited to have Michael join the team. He is an industry veteran who brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience to the table,” said Jim Lewandowski, CEO. “We will lean on him to further establish FireMon’s position as the leading security management platform on the market.”