The attack surface is the total space for exploit within the infrastructure. Enterprise infrastructures have a habit of moving and changing with little notice or control, making it nearly impossible to see what’s what. You can’t defend what you can’t see.
Those looking to snatch and grab your data hunt for your weaknesses. The only way to get ahead of a cybercriminal is to reduce the battlefield – the attack surface – vulnerable to exploit.
How does that happen?
The five major steps are:
- Visualize vulnerabilities
- Control the endpoints
- Segment, segment, segment
- Use analytics
- Prioritize threats according to accessibility
That’s a lot to manage. Staff and time come at a premium. With FireMon, you change the game.
FireMon is ready to reduce your attack surface, because only FireMon combines the powerful fusion of vulnerability management, continuous compliance and orchestration.
The FireMon Solution
Patching at random is one “strategy,” but this accomplishes little. Quantify your risks with simulation and collapse your attack surface.
Attack simulation shows you the priorities based on accessibility. See the specific exposures in your network and simulate just how the attackers can exploit your weaknesses. Now that’s much more than random patching.
The sprawling attack surface is a nightmare to prove compliance. While external threats are very real, so too is non-compliance.
Prevent a compliance failure by seeing the implications of rules and their potential shortfalls. Use 350+ security controls tailored to your environment and apply the right security policy for the right context.
Enterprises adopt Zero Trust and segmented networks to improve security. Manage security for 50,000 segments with ease and simplicity.
Once attack path simulation reveals the network’s exposures, orchestration changes network policy to regain control and prevent lateral movement. You’re in control; quarantine any portion of the network with security policies and stop any compromise from spreading.
The FireMon Difference
- Real-Time Monitoring: Sub-second vulnerability and risk analysis, instant visibility of the attack surface
- Full Data Retention: Comprehensive network history, revealing forgotten attack paths
- Customizable Search & Reporting: Find exposures, quantify your risk, automate remediation
- Automation & Orchestration: Context-aware priorities, change management that removes risk and potential threats