DALLAS and OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS – October 8, 2018 – FireMon, a global leader in network security policy management, today announced the availability of its Immediate Insight app for the Palo Alto Networks® Application Framework. The Application Framework is a cloud-based framework that extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, which allows organizations to rapidly consume and implement a variety of innovative cloud-based security applications from any provider, large or small.
Optimized for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, Immediate Insight is an analytics-enabled app that enables security teams to seamlessly combine and analyze cloud-resident and private infrastructure data to accelerate discovery and response to security threats. FireMon will showcase the functionality of the Immediate Insight threat hunting and incident response app from Booth #202 and in two scheduled demos on the show floor during Ignite ’18 Europe which is set to start on October 8, 2018 in Amsterdam.
Immediate Insight for the Application Framework enables threat hunters and security analysts to:
- Automatically stream Application Framework security events of interest into Immediate Insight as both threat hunting artifacts and context for on-premise data analysis to identify and investigate suspicious activity.
- Integrate on-demand requests of host’s activity history into your threat hunting activities.
- Request contextual Active Directory user information from the Application Framework.
- Optionally share observations through Immediate Insight’s tagging and notes with other Application Framework-enabled applications.
- “The security industry has known for years that data analysis is vital to a robust security practice, yet we continue to struggle to keep pace with the growth of data and the needs of our practitioners to explore and analyze the data to reduce security risk. We believe the integration of Immediate Insight with the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is a significant step in the right direction to deliver security information and data in a way that accelerates availability and delivers it in a way they can consume more effectively.”
- Jeff Barker, VP, product management, Immediate Insight, FireMon
- “We are thrilled to see the debut of third-party applications for our customers, and we welcome FireMon to the Application Framework developer community. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market by completely changing the way that organizations test, deploy, and manage security. This important advancement will make organizations everywhere more secure and help protect our way of life in the digital age.”
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- Immediate Insight by FireMon is available today. Palo Alto Networks users with Immediate Insight can visit the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework Marketplace to enable integration by clicking here: https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com/marketplace/i_insight.
The FireMon platform delivers continuous security for hybrid enterprises through a powerful fusion of vulnerability management, continuous compliance and orchestration. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution 15 years ago, FireMon has continued to deliver visibility into and control over complex network security infrastructures, policies and risk postures for more than 1,500 customers around the world. For more information, visit firemon.com and follow us on Twitter at @FireMon.