Explosive Revenue Growth and New Customer Acquisition, Unmatched Product Innovation, Risk Technology Acquisition, Global and Partner Expansion Cap Milestone Year OVERLAND PARK, KS — Jan. 31, 2012 FireMon, the leading provider of security management and risk analysis solutions, today announced that the company posted record results in 2011 and continues this strong momentum into 2012. Highlights of the year include:
- 50% year-over-year sales growth in firewall management solutions to enterprises while continuing to achieve profitable business operations for the year.
- Dramatic new customer growth with over 80 new Fortune 1000, government, healthcare, financial services and service provider customers including enterprises like Accor, American Automobile Association, and EarthLink and MSSPs like GBprotect.
- Acquired Saperix Technologies and patented risk analysis software developed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory that quantifies risk by identifying both critical threats and the most effective countermeasures.
- Expanded international operations in EMEA and Asia-Pacific with new executives and technical resources in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Australia.
- Increased focus on business and technology partnerships with the addition of proven security industry channel management and business development executives.
At Accor we leverage FireMon Security Manager to help automate firewall management operations, and provide automated Compliance reporting to help reduce time consuming tasks. The addition of Policy Planner has further increased our team’s productivity and helped us create a repeatable process that our Compliance auditors love,” said Andrew McCullough, Manager of Information Security at Accor North America, one of the world’s leading hospitality companies. We are currently working to implement FireMon Risk Analyzer to proactively quantify and visualize our risk from both internal and external threats. We are very excited to be able to assess the security posture of our most valuable assets with Risk Analyzer. FireMon continues to innovate and provide us the solutions we can use to better manage and secure our network.
- In April acquired Saperix Technologies and exclusive license rights to patented risk analysis software developed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. The software accurately measures risk for enterprise networks by generating attack graphs identifying the most critical threats and the most effective countermeasures. With over 10 years of development and use in demanding civilian and DoD environments, it is the most scalable and capable automated risk analysis technology on the market today.
- In November released new Risk Analyzer solution, a unique network risk modeling and attack simulation system based on patented, risk scenario modeling technology from Saperix. Risk Analyzer assesses network topology and host vulnerabilities to help enterprise security analysts make risk-related decisions based on a realistic model of their actual risk. Risk Analyzer can model threats against critical assets and simulate attacks across all vulnerable access paths, and then provide recommendations on how to most efficiently reduce risk exposure.
“Demand for firewall management solutions has never been higher. Our acquisition and new network risk analysis product demonstrate a clear, strong connection between the daily management of security devices and moving security operations towards a new, measurable risk-based model,” said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. “This vision of integrating risk management into daily security operations delivers the actionable security intelligence enterprises and governments require and will fuel FireMon’s continued growth in 2012.”
Global and Partner Expansion
- In September expanded focus on global business and technology partnerships by adding Ward Holloway, Vice President of Business Development, and Todd DeBell, Vice President of Channels, North America. These proven senior executives are accelerating FireMon’s global go-to-market strategy of partnering with industry leading business, channel and technology organizations.
- In December opened EMEA operations with UK, France and Germany-based sales and technical employees. The FireMon EMEA team is led by Bernard Zelmans, EMEA General Manager, who brings more than 2 decades of security industry experience to FireMon. Joining Zelmans are Northern Europe Regional Sales Manager James Selby, based in the UK, Central Europe Regional Sales Manager Philipp Matitschek, based in Germany, and EMEA-based systems engineers.
- In December opened Asia/Pacific operations led by security industry veteran Andrew Draper, Asia/Pacific General Manager. Draper has a proven track record of growing profitable cyber security businesses in Asia-Pacific and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
FireMon provides enterprises and government with security management software that gives them deeper visibility and tighter control over their network security infrastructure. The FireMon solution set – Security Manager, Policy Planner and Risk Analyzer – enables customers to identify network risk, proactively eliminate those vulnerabilities and strengthen security throughout the organization, and reduce the cost of security operations and compliance. Together, they create a highly-effective and consistent solution for efficiently managing security operations. For more information, visit https://www.firemon.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or on our blog.