High-Value Customer Wins, Successful Risk Technology Deployments and Global Channel Expansion Power Dramatic Growth for Policy and Risk Management Solutions Leader Overland Park, KS — Jan. 31, 2013 FireMon, the leading provider of security management and risk analysis solutions, today announced its best performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 100% increase in year-to-year revenue, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, highly scalable solutions for both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management – a position it advanced significantly with major innovations in the past year. Highlights for 2012 include:
- Revenue grew by 100% including growth from market expansion, risk technology adoption and repeat customers increasing their investment with FireMon.
- New account wins increased 40% over 2011, as enterprise, government and managed service provider customers around the world deployed advanced FireMon solutions in large, complex networks.
- 150% increase in the number of six-figure and above opportunities across all vertical markets, with expanded presence in the financial, manufacturing, healthcare, higher education, retail, media and transportation sectors.
- More than 50% growth in head count to satisfy unprecedented demand, with key additions in Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Support in Kansas, California, Massachusetts, Michigan and Washington.
- Honored by McAfee as a Security Innovation Alliance Rookie of the Year Finalist.
“Managed Solutions is a high-growth business unit for Accuvant. And with our established track record, we are looking to incorporate key partners that fill a gap in order to continue our success trajectory,” said Shashi K. Mehta, Solution Architect for Network Infrastructure and Security at Accuvant. “As an MSSP we have unique needs – scalability, performance, permissions – that a security management solution must deliver. Security Manager met all of our ‘functionality-as-tested’ selection criteria and we made the decision to proceed with FireMon.”
- Rapid adoption in the U.S. Federal Government driven by Continuous Monitoring initiatives, supported by increased Federal resources and expanded Federal channel programs.
- 75% year-over-year increase in channel partner revenues from new and existing partners in the North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asian markets.
- Opened six new international offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, the Philippines and China to capture market share and deliver local support to customers and partners.
- Expansion of FireMon Security Manager to offer the industry’s first platform that fully integrates real-time risk analysis with configuration, policy and change management to deliver proactive security posture management – the ability to increase network security by analyzing open network paths that threats could exploit to access vulnerable hosts.
- Introduction of FireMon Access Path Analysis – full network path analysis that instantly shows security operators exactly how to close down risky access paths through the network.
- Introduction of FireMon Insight – the first configuration-driven, fully customizable analysis platform for security managers to identify, analyze and visualize risky behavior in network traffic, and guide remediation.
- Five-star Rating and “Ultimate Policy and Risk Management Tool” recognition for Security Manager in SC Magazine’s June 2012 Group Test Review.
- Founding of FireMon Labs to research emerging security challenges presented by new technology models like Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
“The complexity of today’s networks and the relentless pace of the threat landscape require complete alignment between security and operations,” said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. “As we’ve seen far too often, the greatest damage to businesses and government is not advanced attacks, but unintended and unhindered access paths to sensitive assets due to misconfiguration or ineffective policy. Our tremendous success in 2012 and continued rapid growth in 2013 comes from our ability to anticipate and innovate around ever-evolving customer needs – and on-going investments in our people and products keep us at the forefront of security industry innovation.”
FireMon provides enterprises and government with security management software that gives them deeper visibility and tighter control over their network security infrastructure. The FireMon solution set – Security Manager, Policy Planner and Risk Analyzer – enables customers to identify network risk, proactively eliminate those vulnerabilities and strengthen security throughout the organization, and reduce the cost of security operations and compliance. Together, they create a highly-effective and consistent solution for efficiently managing security operations. For more information, visit https://www.firemon.com.