Proactive Security Intelligence Leader to Showcase Continuous Monitoring Platform at WEST 2014; Expands Federal Team with Key Additions
SAN DIEGO, THE WESTERN CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION, BOOTH #1207 and OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Feb. 11, 2014
FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced it is showcasing its real-time continuous monitoring platform in Booth #1207 at the largest state-of-the-art defense and technology exposition and conference on the West Coast – The Western Conference and Exposition (WEST 2014). Co-sponsored by AFCEA and the U.S. Naval Institute, WEST 2014 will take place February 11-13 at the San Diego Convention Center.
FireMon recently expanded its investment in the federal market by adding Kelly Jones and Andrew Stephens to its federal solutions team. Jones is a 15-year federal market veteran who previously led federal sales at Skybox Security, Guidance Software and Fortress Technologies. Stephens, also a 15-year federal sector veteran, was the federal technical teams lead at Skybox Security and Patriot Technologies.
FireMon’s participation at WEST 2014 and key federal team additions continue a period of tremendous company momentum. Fueled by the adoption of Security Manager in several vertical markets including the federal sector, FireMon just completed its most successful year in history achieving 80% year-over-year revenue growth. Other notable federal sector highlights include:
- Appointed industry veteran Albert Nieves as Vice President of Federal Sales to lead FireMon’s federal solutions team.
- Selected by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a key technology provider for the $6 billion Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
- Partnered with Lockheed Martin and SRA International within the DHS CDM program to deliver its Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) products to federal sector IT organizations.
- Added Security Manager and Risk Analyzer to immixGroup’s GSA Schedule, enabling federal agencies to procure these solutions to help them meet their continuous monitoring objectives.
- Delivered Security Manager 7.0 – the first policy and risk management platform to offer continuous assessment of compliance and security posture to analyze and trend the effects of – and alert on, if needed – administrative and environmental changes in the network and best-practice modeling via prepackaged assessments.
“With its unique, high-performance, highly scalable distributed architecture, Security Manager is purpose-built for federal IT organizations, providing them the risk intelligence necessary to assess the gaps in, and strengthen the security posture of, their cyber network defenses,” said Nieves. “Kelly and Andrew are significant, strategic additions to our team. Their combined federal expertise will be instrumental in enabling us to continue gaining traction in the public sector, and meet the exacting continuous monitoring requirements of U.S. government agencies.”
FireMon provides enterprises and government with security management software that gives them deeper visibility and tighter control over their network security infrastructure. The FireMon solution set – Security Manager, Policy Planner and Risk Analyzer – enables customers to identify network risk, proactively eliminate those vulnerabilities and strengthen security throughout the organization, and reduce the cost of security operations and compliance. Together, they create a highly-effective and consistent solution for efficiently managing security operations. For more information, visit https://www.firemon.com.