Automated Policy Management & Continuous Compliance
Facing a rapidly-approaching compliance deadline, a multinational oil and gas company turned to FireMon for help automating their policy workflows in order to achieve compliance while saving time, resources, and eliminating opportunities for errors and misconfigurations.
Oil & Gas
Less time needed to remediate risky rules
Due to pressure resulting from a recent pipeline cyberattack, urgent policy cleanup was necessary to meet new internal compliance practices within 90 days. The company lacked the visibility and automation across their complex, multi-vendor environment necessary to meet the 90-day deadline.
The company sought to:
- Meet new internal compliance standards within 90 days
- Eliminate manual firewall rule audit policy and rule changes
- Gain consistent policy management across a hybrid cloud environment
About the Company
A leading oil and gas company headquartered in South America.
With NSPM from FireMon, the company gained realtime visibility, control, and management capabilities for all network security devices across its hybrid cloud environment
- A single management console for unified policy visibility and management of the company’s entire 800+ device, multi-vendor hybrid environment
- 100% visibility through real-time discovery that includes IP addresses, devices, and endpoints
- Standardization, optimization, and automated deployment of policy rule changes
“FireMon helps us save time and effort in almost every step of our workflows. Automated rule cleanup and creation across our multiple firewall vendors from a single management console has really simplified our policy management. I didn’t realize policy management could be this easy.”
Senior Network Engineer,
managing the selection and deployment of FireMon
Get 9X Better
See how to get:
90% Efficiency Gain by automating firewall support operations
90%+ Faster time to globally block malicious actors to a new line
90% Reduction in FTE hours to implement firewalls