FireMon announced today, what we here in the company have known for a while now, 2011 was a spectacular year for us at FireMon and we are so proud that we want you to know. Some of the highlights of 2011 for us:
- 50% year-over-year sales growth in firewall management solutions to enterprises while continuing to achieve profitable business operations for the year.
- Dramatic new customer growth with over 80 new Fortune 1000, government, healthcare, financial services and service provider customers including enterprises like Accor, American Automobile Association, and EarthLink and MSSPs like GBprotect.
- Acquired Saperix Technologies and patented risk analysis software developed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory that quantifies risk by identifying both critical threats and the most effective countermeasures.
- Expanded international operations in EMEA and Asia-Pacific with new executives and technical resources in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Australia.
- Increased focus on business and technology partnerships with the addition of proven security industry channel management and business development executives.
The best part of all of this great news though is that we think this really positions us to make 2012 an even better year. We are poised to really take off as a result of additions to both our team and product line up.
As the people who virtually invented the firewall management space, we are very excited to see firewalls, through the introduction of “next gen firewalls”, become hot again. Security device management and scenario based risk management are two of the most important issues facing organizations. We are uniquely situated to offer solutions and answers to these issues.
In the meantime congratulations to everyone on the FireMon team for a job well done. But most of all a huge thank you to our customers and partners, for without you all none of this would be possible. Thanks to all of you and here is to a great 2012!