Situational awareness for Federal networks
Federal agencies face difficult cyber security challenges, storing large amounts of confidential data, protecting critical infrastructures and being assailed by numerous sophisticated threats. Government practitioners must also meet strict requirements imposed by a number of entities.
While many regulations and guidelines are designed to help ensure that agencies maintain adequately protected, those standards can be difficult to comply with manually, often commanding automation and requiring specific predefined reports aimed at helping White House decision makers assess national cyber-attack readiness.
With FireMon, agencies can truly embrace the spirit of continuous monitoring requirements via constant observation, analysis and resulting management of network access enforcement, proactively reducing IT risk while increasing operational efficiency. How does Security Manager meet the specific requirements set forth in FISMA, as defined by bodies including NIST and the White House OMB. Developed, tested and built in America, FireMon Security Manager offers:
- Real-time, uninterrupted visibility into current security device enforcement including logging of all configuration changes and recording all audit log details.
- The ability to model and test the impact of all changes prior to implementation to ensure that they do not create additional IT risks, reducing time and increasing the efficiency of day-to-day management, with all changes fully recorded for compliance purposes.
- Assessment of all security device configurations in real time, comparative to specific federal enforcement standards via a knowledge base of required criteria, allowing for audit of any device against those measures. Supported federal standards include:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (NERC)
- NSA Router Configuration Guidelines
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Management of all networks from a true, risk-based perspective – taking into account real-world access along with the potential threat of compromise.
FireMon is a U.S.-based company headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas and is listed on several GSA contracts. The FireMon government team works with a broad range of federal systems integrators and channel partners. For more information, contact email@example.com.